Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

remembering philip seymour hoffman

People need each other. And that actual interaction, or relationship, or friendship, or romantic love affair, all the different ways relationships take form is one of the hardest things we do in our lives. It’s one of the biggest risks we’ll take in our lives. If you say yes to someone, I will, you are also saying, I will be hurt by you. You can’t have relationships if you’re not willing to be disappointed and hurt by that person. It’s impossible. You have to be able to enter into the world and realize the richness of life is all the good and joy and thrill of it, but also all the disappointment, hurt, and heartache of it. And that all of that is what’s great.” -Philip Seymour Hoffman

Philip Seymour Hoffman will always be remembered as one of the greatest actors of all time. He was the actor you had to see no matter how good the film was because of the raw passion he poured into his work. He was the face, heart, and voice of the people who struggled the most, which is why he meant so much to me. No one else could bring both tears and laughter to the screen like he could, and all in one sitting. Magnolia was the first film I saw him in and from then on, I was hooked. I had to see who he was going to become next, which new character he was going to bring to life. It's so rare to find such a versatile actor, and he made it seem effortless. I thought to myself, if I could find something that made me as passionate as he was about acting, my life would have meaning. He will always be an inspiration to me. If he has somehow touched your life in one way or another, I strongly suggest you watch this tribute to him. It is absolutely beautiful.