Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

audrey hepburn

"i decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; i never expected it to do anything special for me, yet i seemed to accomplish far more than i had ever hoped. most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it."
audrey hepburn

"listen, you know those days when you get the mean reds...no, the blues are because you're getting fat or maybe it's been raining too long. you're just sad, that's all. the mean reds are horrible. suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of. did you ever get that feeling?...when i get it, the only thing that does any good is to jump into a cab and go to tiffany's. calms me down right away."
breakfast at tiffany's (1961)

"marriage license, did you say marriage license? oh i love you adam, alex, peter, brian, whatever your name is. i hope we have a lot of boys and we can name them all after you!"
charade (1963)


"the rain in spain stays mainly in the plain."
my fair lady (1964)

"i have to leave you now. i'm going to that corner there and turn. you must stay in the car and drive away. promise not to watch me go beyond the corner. just drive away and leave me as i leave you."
roman holiday (1953)