Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

because you're mine, i walk the line



june carter: we've got these people all revved up, john. now c'mon, let's sing jackson for 'em.
johnny cash: you've got me all revved up. now i've asked you forty different ways and it's time you come up with a fresh answer.
june carter: please sing.
johnny cash: i'm asking you to marry me. i love you, june. now i know i said and done a lotta things, that i hurt you, but i promise, i'll never do that again. i only want to take care of you. i will not leave you like that dutch boy with your finger in the dam.
june carter: [shakes head]
johnny cash: you're my best friend. marry me.
june carter: ...all right.
johnny cash: yeah?

walk the line has to be one of my favorite romance stories...one, because it is based on a true story, and two, johnny cash happens to be one of my favorite musicians. joaquin phoenix & reese witherspoon did a marvelous job in this film. both johnny & june have such distinct voices and mannerisms, i would imagine they were hard roles to play.